YOUR ATTITUDE DETERMINES YOUR ALTITUDE!
YOUR ATTITUDE DETERMINES YOUR ALTITUDE!
IT IS ALL IN YOUR ATTITUDE!
How many times have you heard it said that your attitude makes all the difference?
It is true, or does it really matter?
Can you have a sour or negative attitude and really be happy and successful? Or does it take a sunny, cheerful, positive attitude to get positive results? Or does it take superior knowledge of a subject to be successful?
In this article we will explore those questions and get some answers and possibly some new directions for our Personal Development Plan!
However, this article will be different, we will explore some quotations from two of our authors and explore a book written by another.
I have really enjoyed researching this subject! I found that many books have been written on this subject but I was fascinated by our authors insight into this great subject.
Just to clarify our thinking, the Random House dictionary defines attitude this way: The manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc, with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, especially of the mind: example, a cheerful attitude. Also, position or posture of the body appropriate to or expressive of an action, emotion, etc., to assume a threatening attitude. With those definitions in mind, let us examine our attitudes.
DENIS WAITLEY QUOTES ON ATTITUDE:
· If yo
u believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.
· I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.
· The winner’s edge is not in a gifted birth, or high IQ, or in talent. The winner’s edge is all in the attitude. Attitude is the criterion for success.
· Virtually nothing on earth can stop a person with a positive attitude who has his goals clearly in sight.
· Expect the best; convert problems into opportunities; be dissatisfied with the status quo; focus on where you want to go, instead of where you’re coming from; and most importantly, decide to be happy, knowing it’s an attitude, a habit gained from daily practice, and not a result or payoff.
· One characteristic of winners is they always look upon themselves as a do it yourself project.
· Attitude is the criterion for success. But you can’t buy an attitude for a million dollars. Attitudes are not for sale… Your attitude towards your potential is either the key to or the lock in the door of personal fulfillment
· Your attitude is either the lock on, or the key to the door of your success.
· Winning is all in the attitude!
· Success in life isn’t only for the gifted or the privileged or those with a high IQ. Success is totally dependent on three things: persistence, determination and a positive mental attitude.
ZIG ZIGLAR QUOTES ABOUT ATTITUDE:
· Of all the ‘attitudes’ we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing.
· A positive attitude and personal motivation allow you to remain excited about what you are doing – no matter how difficult the challenges may be day to day.
· You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.
· Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
· You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure.
· The choice to have a great attitude is something that nobody or no circumstance can take away from you.
· Gratitude is the most important attitude.
· Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his/her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead, surround yourself with optimistic people.
· Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
· Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.
· There are seldom, if ever, any hopeless situations, but there are many people who lose hope in the face of some situations.
· When you choose to be pleasant and positive in the way you treat others, you have also chosen, in most cases, how you are going to be treated by others.
· The way you see people is the way you treat them.
· Ask yourself a question: is my attitude worth catching?
· A positive attitude will have positive results because attitudes are contagious.
· What comes out of your mouth is determined by what goes into your mind.
Next, is our book review of a great book by John C. Maxwell:
THE WINNING ATTITUDE – YOUR KEY TO PERSONAL SUCCESS
This book by John C. Maxwell was written in 1993, it is one of his earliest books. Since then he has authored more than 70 books, selling more than nineteen million copies.
Our reviewer is Pamela Bosworth.
This book is divided into four sections. In the first section, “The Consideration of Your Attitude”, Maxwell uses the Biblical character David to reveal how to maintain the proper attitude even when surrounded by problems. In the second section, “The Construction of Your Attitude”, personal attitudes are explored and compared with foundational truths. The third section of the book, “The Crashing of Your Attitude”, is full of reinforcing thoughts about dealing with the inevitable storms of life encountered by everyone. These include the fear of failure, discouragements, criticism, and the conflict of change. In the fourth section of the book, “The Changing of Your Attitude”, Maxwell states, “Most people are very close to becoming the person who God wants them to be” (page 139). He then goes on to practical steps that can be taken to become the master of our attitude rather than its victim.
There are a total of fourteen chapters in the book. A study guide at the end of the book is a practical tool allowing the reader to revisit and apply the key principles found in each of these chapters.
Maxwell, John C. The Winning Attitude – Your Key to Personal Success
Just a few more thoughts about attitude:
From HuffPost Life: “There is nothing more exhilarating than being around people who exude the energy of endless possibilities. These kinds of people are needed in our lives if we wish to see what is attainable.
What is attitude anyway? It is the mental state or position you take regarding your life and affairs. This means its not what you think but how you think it. Your attitude forms every event in your life, whether you realize it or not. Out of your attitude comes your enjoyment of life and gratitude for all your blessings.
This is especially important in our month of Thanksgiving!
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ALWAYS BE WORKING TO IMPROVE YOUR ATTITUDE IN YOUR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN! YOUR ATTITUDE SHOULD ALWAYS BE A WORK IN PROGRESS!
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article.
Thank you for reading! Please leave us a comment!
ENCOURAGING LITERACY, LEARNING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT!